Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hi! my name is Cait and i am a border collie. My person says that we are just starting a blog and maybe i should introduce myself and tell you a little about my past.
Well, I was born in Nevada. My mom is Susy the Border Collie and my dad is Misty Oak's Keper. My dad is a cow dog (cows are alot bigger than sheep and they are kinda scary). My mom, Susy, is a pet border collie, she likes to get chickens and i was told that she gets in trouble for that. When I was about 3 or 4 weeks old we moved to Placerville, Ca. Then when i was 5 weeks old we traveled to Oregon to visit family.... i really didn't know anyone but i didn't care....my mom went so i was happy. My name was Shasta then. Susy's person is named Joyce and she is friends with my person, Carie
When i was about 9 weeks old my mom's person, Joyce, went to visit Carie. Joyce told Carie that she wanted me to live with her and I did!!
my new person said i was to be a sheep dog when i got older... what ever that is.
and i grew up... i played with the other dogs and i did all kinds of fun stuff thats puppies do (my person says i was a good puppy.. i never chewed stuff up and i didnt dig in the yard and i always listened to her like any respectable border collie should do) and i got to ride in the truck and we went to sheep dog trials with my Uncle Zeke... hes a pretty good sheep dog too. i met alot of nice people and i watched Zeke alot cause he got to go work sheep and i thought it was pretty interesting.
When i was about 10 months old my person decided that we should go out to see the sheep. Up close and personal. i had watched Zeke and i knew what i was supposed to do! i ran around those sheep and showed them what a good border collie i was...
WOW!!!! IT WAS SOOOOOO COOOOOL!!!!! OMG!!
i guess i did good cause when we went to the house my person was smiling and she told me i was a really good girl.
So after that we went out to visit the sheep about once a week. i really liked it.
Then one day we went to my person's friend's house, her name is Shelly, to work sheep. She thought i was a good dog too and this made my person very happy. i like it when my person is happy, it makes me happy.
Then my person told me we were going to go to a clinic with a famous sheep dog trainer and that i should work very hard and listen to what the famous guy tells me. So i did. He told me i was a nice dog. i liked him.... his name is Jack Knox. we have been to a couple of clinics with him since then. i like it... its hard work but its fun cause i learn lots of new things and best of all.... i get to work sheep.
Thats pretty much it... the start to my sheep dog career.
So now i am a sheep dog and i work sheep. sometimes at home and sometimes at the river were i have to run a long long ways to get the sheep to bring them to my person and sometimes at those really nice people's place , the Oxford's, and all over california... i dont know much about that... i always get sleepy in the truck and when we get to the new place i wake up and we get to work sheep.
i am a happy dog... my person loves me and she tells me i am her best girl. i get to run around and act like a crazy dog (so my mom says) i live in a great place and i get to take naps on the bed, i have a big dog family and i get good food and special stuff on my food that makes it taste really good, mom says its good for me but i dont care much about that, i have my own fluffy soft bed and my special blanket... its pink and says PRINCESS on it... and, oh yea, i get sheep!
Well thats about it... i can tell you more stuff later on. i will tell you about what i do every day and what my person and i learn when we go work sheep and about when we go to trials and about the other dogs i live with and all kinds of things. sometimes my mom wants to write stuff.. thats ok with me, cause most of the time im too busy doing important sheepdog stuff!

1 comment:

  1. hi this is nick. im the really studly border collie boy you ignored at pt pleasant. but there were sheep, so i understand. i like your blog. my mom wont let me type. i dont know why. something about me flirting with girls online. but she left the computer on so i wanted to say hi before she gets out of the room with the really big, white bowl of water. read you later.

    love

    nick

    ReplyDelete